How do you get married at the courthouse in Chattanooga TN?
How do we get our marriage license in Chattanooga ?
- You must go in person to the Hamilton County Courthouse located 625 Georgia Ave, Chattanooga, TN.
- There is no waiting period in Tennessee, you can get your license as early as 30 days in advance or go the very same day as your ceremony if you wish.
How much does it cost to get married at the courthouse in Chattanooga TN?
Cost of a Tennessee Marriage License. Before a marriage can occur in Tennessee, you must obtain a marriage license from the County Clerk. The fee is $97.50. However, the county courthouse will reduce your fee to $37.50 if the couple completes a Premarital Preparation Course.
What do you need to get married in Chattanooga TN?
Marriage ID Requirement Tennessee:
- A valid driver license.
- State issued picture ID.
- State certified birth certificate.
- Military ID.
- Valid VISA.
- Valid Passport.
- Social Security number must be given if applicant has one (T.C.A. 36-3-104)
How do you get married at the courthouse in Tennessee?
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A MARRIAGE LICENSE
- Both parties must appear together at the 700 2nd Ave South, Suite 101, Nashville, TN 37210 (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., M-F) and must have proof that they are 18 or older.
- The fee for a marriage license is $99.50.
How do you have a courthouse wedding?
Courthouse wedding checklist
- Do your research. …
- Gather the required documents. …
- Apply for a marriage license. …
- Set a courthouse ceremony date. …
- Secure a court-approved officiant. …
- Get a witness (if necessary). …
- Invite your family and friends. …
- Think about post-ceremony celebrations.
What is required for a marriage license in Tennessee?
If you want to get married in Tennessee, you and your future spouse must get a marriage license from the local county clerk’s office. Bring your ID or birth certificate to prove your date of birth and proof of your social security number (if you have one). … The marriage license fee is around $100 in most counties.
How do I apply for a marriage license online?
Couples applying for a marriage license ONLINE must:
- Fill out the Clerk’s Online Marriage Application.
- Appear together at one of the Clerk’s six Vital Records locations.
- Inform the clerk that you filled out your application online.
- Present valid identification with proof of age.
- Sign the marriage license application.
Do you need a witness to get married in Tennessee?
Tennessee: Witnesses are not needed for the marriage to be recognized, but there is room on the marriage license for one witness to sign. … Utah: Two (2) witnesses over 18 must also be present at the wedding ceremony. Vermont: Witnesses are not required by Vermont law.
Who can perform a marriage in TN?
The rite of matrimony may be solemnized by any of the following persons listed in T.C.A. § 36-3-301: All regular ministers, preachers, pastors, priests, rabbis and other religious leaders of every religious belief, more than eighteen (18) years of age, having the care of souls.
Can you get married at the Chattanooga Choo Choo?
The Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel is the perfect setting to host your Chattanooga wedding festivities. … The Glenn Miller Gardens Gazebo is a beautiful place to exchange your wedding vows. It hosts an intimate setting with a garden gazebo backdrop with authentic gas torch-lights lining the garden walkways.
How much is a marriage license in Hamilton County Tennessee?
Requirements for Marriage License
The fee for the license is $75.00.
How do I get a copy of my marriage license in Hamilton County Ohio?
Request Certified Copies (Including Marriage License)
Order Records in person from the File Room, which is located on the 9th floor. Order by fax (513) 946-3565. Use the following Certified Request Form to list the name of the case, the case number, and the documents you are requesting.