How long does it take to get a marriage license in Washington state?
Approximate processing time: Two weeks. We recommend submitting your completed application and payment at least three weeks before your marriage ceremony in order to receive the marriage license by that date. Download the Marriage License Application (PDF).
How do I get married at the courthouse in Washington state?
- Fill out the application online. Complete the online application. …
- Sign the application in front of a Notary Public. You must both sign the application in front of a Notary Public.
- Submit your application and $72 fee by mail. …
- Get married. …
- Return signed marriage certificate and get certified copies.
How much is a courthouse wedding in Washington state?
If you’re getting married in Washington, you must first apply for a marriage license. It’ll cost you $33.00 to $68.00, and you’ll have to use it within 60 days.
Can I get a marriage license online?
You can begin the application process to receive a Marriage License online via “City Clerk Online”. This will speed up the process which then must be completed in person at the Office of the City Clerk. … You must wait a full 24 hours before your Marriage Ceremony can be performed unless you obtain a Judicial Waiver.
Can I get married online in Washington state?
Step 1: Submit your online marriage application
Marriage licenses issued in Washington are only valid within the state (tip: if you’re getting married on a boat, make sure it is in Washington State waters!) The online application only takes about 20 minutes and is pretty painless.
How do I get married in Washington without a ceremony?
Both parties must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid form of photo identification, a U.S. passport, driver’s license, military ID. You’ll also need your Social Security card. If you don’t have a Social Security number, you can still marry, but you may need to sign a declaration that you don’t have one.
Do you need a birth certificate to get married Washington?
Applying for a marriage license in Washington does not require blood tests, witnesses, birth certificates or divorce decrees. (It does require a valid photo ID.) … If either party has been previously married, that person needs to meet the requirements of the state in which he or she obtained their divorce.
How long does it take to get marriage certificate?
When mailing a certified copy of a Marriage Certificate, we send it using first class mail through the United States Postal Service, and it is usually received within two weeks. If you have not received your request within two weeks, please contact the Recorder’s Office at 775-328-3660.
What paperwork do I need to get married?
- Driver’s licenses or passports (government-issued photo ID)
- Birth certificates.
- Social Security number.
- Divorce decree if you were previously married and are divorced.
- Death decree if you were previously married and are widowed.
- Parental consent if you are underage.
What do you need to be legally married?
To get married in NSW you must:
- not be married to someone else.
- not be marrying a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild or sibling (brother or sister)
- be at least 18 years of age, unless a person aged between 16 and 18 years of age has court approval to marry.
- understand what marriage means and freely consent to marrying.
How does the marriage license process work?
Typically, couples obtain a marriage license, hold the wedding ceremony, and then have the officiant files the certificate in the appropriate county office within days. The married couple will then receive a certified copy of the marriage certificate.